Card readers are boring. We can all agree to that. It’s just the one extra chain that stands between your camera and your computer. Who ever uses a USB cable? With every camera a different connector, at least the cards are .. yeah .. nevermind. My D5 shoots XQD, Hasselblad and my Df got for SD Cards, my GoPro and Phantom shoots Micro SD. And for those things, Kingston just created something to finally get rid of those SD adapter cards that are not just flimsy, but ugly as fuck as well.
Enter the gorgeous MobileLite Duo 3C.
A small Micro SD card-reader that is made for 2017, meaning that it’s suitable for all of your devices, those that offer USB-A, and your latest devices that offer USB-C. And this card reader does just that, and at USB 3.1 speeds! It has plugs on both ends, meaning you can just choose which ever USB end you need. Pretty nifty!
With a gorgeous and robust aluminium design, it’s a tiny device that you can attach to a keychain, put in your wallet or where ever you want. While shooting the Toro Nagashi shoot, it was easy to ingest all the behind-the-scenes video footage from various sources, like GoPro’s and a drone, on my girlfriend’s MacBook after the shoot. Everything goes fast and easy. Just like you want it.
The only downside, if we need to mention one, is that after a lot of file-transfers, it gets rather warm to touch.
The MobileLite Duo 3C costs €24.99, which feels like a steal with a device that is this well made!
I can’t wait for Kingston to come up with more USB-C card readers, especially if they are all so robust and high quality as this one!
- Dual Interface: works with older and newer systems thanks to the USB-A and USB-C interfaces.
- Compact: The lightweight storage solution that’s easy to throw in a pocket or backpack.
- Rugged Portability: Thanks to the metal casing you can bring it wherever your adventure takes you.
- USB 3.1 Gen 1 (USB 3.0) Support1: Download photos and videos quickly to share online.
- Dimensions: 43mm x 18mm x 11mm
- Supported Card Formats: microSD/microSDHC, UHS-I/microSDXC UHS-I
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to 60°C
- Storage Temperature: -20°C to 70°C
- Warranty: 2-year warranty with free technical support